“I wonder why you’d go anywhere else…” – Mrs Tara Walker
Tara’s brief was clear and challenging, a modern, funky kitchen with a retro twist that would be the hub of the family home.
She had some very strong ideas and knew exactly which appliances she needed and how she would use the space. I drew up some initial plans for Tara and following her approval of the basic layout I had the chance to go to town with the final design.
Tara opted for a high-gloss, light grey door with an integrated handle, giving a streamlined, ultra-modern look and the worktops were a beautiful, solid surface in a pure white which finished off the kitchen perfectly. The centrepiece of the room was a huge island with slabs of worktop forming the sides, giving a stunning, sculptural look and providing seating space for all the family.
“K2 Kitchens has literally made our dream space a reality. Right from the start the knowledgeable, creative and genuinely caring team spent time getting to know us and our space so they could plan and advise us; nothing was too much trouble. Seeing the virtual kitchen plan enabled us to see how our finished kitchen would look and we are beyond delighted with the end result. With K2 Kitchens’ vision, expertise and fantastic customer care, I wonder why you’d go anywhere else.”
What I loved most was the fact that Tara had very specific ideas on accessories and styling and I was able to go to town with dressing the room in a way that brought the whole design to life. Seeing the finished result made all the hard work worthwhile – the kitchen looks great. I thoroughly enjoyed working with Tara and have to say that her kitchen is one of my all-time favourites!
- Sink and taps were supplied by Franke (Cost £1,200)
- Appliances include 2 ovens, wine cooler, larder fridge, larder freezer, extractor hood, and an induction hob (£2,200)
- The kitchen units, including internal drawers, pull-out systems, bins, cutlery trays and so on (£5,800)
- Gloss grey “J Profil” doors, 17 kitchen units (an above-average number, 12 being the standard)
- All units were fully assembled
- The project was completed within the quoted lead time of two weeks
- All appliances were Neff and Hotpoint brand. Everything you see in the images is Neff, with Hotpoint appliances behind the doors
- The appliances used would be classed as “mid-range”
- Kitchen fitting £2,800
By Izzy – K2 Kitchen Designer